Since its inception in 1999, the arts council promotes and organizes events for the BC Arts and Culture Week, which is held in April every year.
April 19-25, 2015
Here are some events around our community:
The Kiwanis Performing arts Centre presents the Peace River South Festival of the Arts (please make note of venue changes):
- Saturday April 18th at 9 am is the Dance selection at Unchagah Hall. Admission is Free.
- Sunday April 19th at 9:30 am is the Voice selection at the Calvin Kruk Centre for the Arts. Admission is free.
- Wednesday April 22nd at 6:30pm is the Honours Concert at Unchagah Hall. Admission by cash donation.
Saturday April 25th:
- The Peace Region Songwriters’ Association will be hosting their monthly Coffee House at Faking Sanity Cafe/Bookstore (corner of 9th St and 103 Ave) from 6:30-9:30 pm. Open Mic takes place throughout the evening including music and spoken word. Open to all genres of music and skill levels. Admission by donation.
- Ladies Wine & Art Night takes place at the Dawson Creek Art Gallery from 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm. Cost is $20 per person. Bring your girlfriends for a fun night out and explore your inner artist! All supplies are included in the cost. Call the Art Gallery to register at 250-782-2601.
Sunday April 26th from 1-4 pm – the Mile “0” Quilters will be holding their annual Quilt Show & Strawberry Tea at the Calvin Kruk Centre for the Arts (KPAC). Come check out the lovely quilts on display and browse the great selection of vendors from around the Peace Region. Admission is $5.00 which includes dessert and tea (children 5 and under are free).